Are you interested in joining the EndPovertyEdmonton team? We're looking to hire a new member for a term position working as a communications officer. Details are below.
EndPovertyEdmonton (EPE) is a community-based initiative aimed at advancing a vision of shared prosperity for all, where every Edmontonian has an equal opportunity to live, work, participate, and thrive. Please visit www.endpovertyedmonton.ca for more details about the strategy to end poverty in Edmonton within a generation.
The inaugural Communications Officer will report to the Executive Director to help build EndPovertyEdmonton. You will develop and implement a communications plan and provide shared and strategic leadership to the EPE team, EPE Community Tables, and community-based initiatives to engage Edmontonians to end poverty.
You have extensive experience in communications and social marketing, enjoy leading new initiatives, and have a track record of producing communications strategies that get results. Areas of focus include strategic communications, social marketing, and public engagement.
- Oversee and develop communications materials and campaigns (videos, newsletter, press releases, website content, awareness campaigns).
- Lead the development and execution of a communications plan and strategy, including social and traditional media and public engagement.
- Provide communications support to the Secretariat and Community Tables.
- Liaise with contractors, designers, and suppliers in the development of communications
- Support media spokespersons and act as organizational spokesperson when needed.
- Represent EPE at related communications and engagement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with stakeholders.
- Champion EPE’s values and culture with EPE staff and community.
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field and several years’ experience in communications and/or marketing; equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution of innovative approaches to communications and social change, public and stakeholder consultation, and issues management.
- Extensive experience in communications, social marketing, community and media relations, and public consultation.
- Experience developing engaging written and multimedia content.
- Familiarity with digital communications.
- Experience in overseeing the production of corporate reports, presentations, publications and large scale awareness and engagement campaigns.
- Experience with complex and collaborative initiatives; experience with start-up, emerging, or evolving initiatives and organizations is an asset.
- Experience working with small, integrated teams with shared leadership.
- Proficiency with MS Office and related programs.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills and the ability to communicate complex information in an easily understood manner; English proficiency required.
- Commitment to the values of EndPovertyEdmonton
- Ability to adapt to, and thrive amidst, ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Ability to balance long-term thinking and planning with attention to detail.
- Motivation and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to manage large volumes of work and several projects and assignments.
- Authentic and effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to think and act strategically, remaining focused on goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively analyze and synthesize large volumes of complex information
This is a temporary position until December 31, 2019 with a possibility of extension. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. You will work from the United Way office (15132 Stony Plain Road) and travel within Edmonton will be required. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 2nd. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Human Resources Specialist
United Way of the Alberta Capital Region 15132 Stony Plain Road
Edmonton, AB T5P 3Y3