Indigenous Culture and Wellness Centre: The Journey Begins
“Nothing about us without us”
In 2015, the Mayor’s Task to EndPovertyEdmonton (EPE) talked with many Indigenous Peoples. Those involved wanted a place to gather, receive services and celebrate. Action #1 of the EndPovertyEdmonton Road Map is: “to design and plan an Indigenous Culture and Wellness Centre.”
The Indigenous Culture and Wellness Centre Steering Committee (ICWC SC)
- The ICWC Steering Committee is now working to make it happen through the first phase of community engagement.
The Steering Committee wants to hear your thoughts
- The Steering Committee is composed of representatives from the EPE Indigenous Circle and City staff.
- Its members want to hear your ideas for the Centre, including its vision, purpose, programs, services, and activities.
- Community engagement sessions will begin in June 2018.
- Your participation in this engagement is needed.
- You are invited to a community Engagement launch that will herald the upcoming June 2018 engagements. This launch is scheduled for:
Thursday, April 12, 2018
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Canadian Native Friendship Centre at:
11728 - 95 Street, Edmonton, AB T5G 1L9
A light meal will be served
- It will provide background information on the ICWC project and you will have an opportunity to share your ideas.
There is limited accessibility at this location.
Contact: Karen Watson firstname.lastname@example.org 780-401-2810